With roughly 350,000 new tweets appearing on the platform every minute, constructing engagement through Twitter can really feel like an uphill wrestle.
To extend engagement on the platform, Twitter rolled out voice tweets, which let customers share snippets of audio to their profile.
Be taught extra about voice tweet choices and the way it’s reworking the methods digital entrepreneurs can use Twitter to their greatest benefit.
What Is a Voice Tweet?
Voice Tweets mean you can document your voice as an audio clip and ship it in a tweet. Right here’s a rundown of the way it works.
- You’ll be able to document up to 140 seconds of audio.
- When you want longer, that’s OK. Hold speaking, and a brand new voice tweet begins recording robotically.
- Click on or faucet the “carried out” button to complete recording.
- Ship your voice tweet(s) from the composer display screen, similar to you’d ship out common tweets.
- Twitter makes use of your present profile image because the placeholder picture for the audio. Customers click on on this picture to listen to the audio attachment.
Customers can then hearken to what you’ve obtained to say and have interaction of their most well-liked manner, whether or not it’s typing out a reply, sharing your message, or clicking by to your web site. Consider voice tweets as your alternative to face up and ensure you’re heard amongst a sea of 280-character tweets.
There’s one factor to remember earlier than you begin voice tweeting, although. The image connected to a voice tweet gained’t change, even if you happen to later change your profile image.
Make sure you’re comfortable along with your photograph earlier than you begin voice tweeting. This retains your messaging constant and makes it simpler for customers to search out you once more sooner or later.
Can Everybody Use Voice Tweets?
Not but, no. It’s solely obtainable by the OS app for Twitter, however if you happen to’re operating Android or desktop Twitter, don’t fear. Voice tweets are coming your way.
- You’ll be able to’t quote or reply to tweets utilizing voice but. It’s solely obtainable for unique tweets.
- When you have lots to say, you’ll want a couple of thread. Threads are restricted to 25 voice tweets.
- Want more room than 25 tweets? You is perhaps higher off making a brief YouTube video and linking to it by a tweet.
Voice tweet transcripts aren’t obtainable but, both, however Twitter plans on rolling out this function to make sure extra folks can get pleasure from voice tweets going ahead.
Can you employ voice tweets for DMs? Not proper now, although if voice tweets show widespread, we are able to in all probability anticipate a rollout sooner or later.
15 Methods to Use Voice Tweets
Prepared to make use of voice tweets however unsure methods to get began? Listed below are 15 methods you should use the Twitter voice function and ideas for creating efficient voice tweets.
1. Enhance Model Character
How would you describe your online business in three phrases? I ask as a result of these three phrases are key to defining your model’s persona.
Your model persona issues. It defines how folks understand your organization, and it influences which phrases come to thoughts when somebody describes your online business.
Can voice tweets assist you to construct the best persona on-line? Sure, as a result of all of it comes all the way down to authenticity. Eighty-six percent of customers go for firms with an trustworthy, upfront, and genuine id, and voice tweets immediately make your model really feel extra actual and honest.
Right here’s methods to enhance your model persona utilizing voice tweets.
- Appoint one or two group members to document voice tweets. Guarantee their tone matches your objectives. For instance, if you happen to’re a B2B firm, select an eloquent speaker.
- Evaluation your voice tweet engagement. Are folks sharing your tweets or responding to them? If not, contemplate reevaluating what you’re tweeting.
How would you like folks to explain your model? Use voice tweets to bolster this message.
2. Promote Your Enterprise
When you don’t use Twitter, you’re lacking out on a major advertising alternative.
- Twitter has over 330 million active users and counting. That’s a large variety of folks logging in every single day, and there’s no restrict on who you possibly can attain if you happen to goal your advertisements successfully.
- As soon as they observe a model on Twitter, round 50 percent of users full a purchase order.
- Because you don’t pay something to tweet, it’s free promoting.
Listed below are some solutions for incorporating voice tweets into your technique.
- You want to make your level shortly, so hold messages brief and easy.
- Embrace sound results or slogans to bolster your model message. There’s no have to restrict your self!
- End with a call-to-action (CTA) e.g., directing customers to your web site.
Wish to improve your Twitter profile? Take into account “pinning” a tweet to the highest of your web page. With one click on, customers can immediately uncover your model and construct a connection to your online business.
3. Promote Your Product
Roughly 54 percent of millennials flip to social media platforms for product analysis, so voice tweets present an important alternative to shout about your core merchandise.
How do you get essentially the most from promotional tweets? Nicely, it’s not nearly your precise voice. It comes again to your model’s voice, too, which is why it’s so essential to construct a transparent, distinctive, and constant persona.
Take MoonPie, for instance. They’re profitable on Twitter because of their distinctive quirky, witty vibe.
Their tweets catch your consideration as a result of they’re sudden. For instance, tweets like this one would translate equally effectively right into a promotional voice tweet as a result of it’s humorous and understated:
Take a lesson from MoonPie. Keep away from sounding like each different promotional tweet on the platform by constructing a particular voice, and watch your product engagement develop because of this.
A remaining tip. You may as well use voice tweets to advertise underselling services by linking to them in the identical thread!
4. Reveal New Options or Merchandise
Entrepreneurs already rely on Twitter to launch their new services. Nonetheless, good entrepreneurs understand how essential it’s to face out from the noise and discover new methods to draw consideration.
Once more, voice tweets can positively assist you to out right here, as a result of they’re a chance to showcase what’s distinctive about you and your product.
Think about using voice tweets alongside different media, like YouTube movies, to spice up the general consumer expertise. Customers are over 80 percent more likely to purchase a product after watching a video, so it’s all the time value together with video tools in your advertising technique.
Additionally, according to Hubspot, it’s greatest to tweet between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., then between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. These are “peak” hours, which implies there’s a greater likelihood you’ll generate some user engagement than if you happen to voice tweet at, say, midnight.
5. Announce Model Giveaways
What’s to not love about free stuff? Everybody loves a superb giveaway, so think about using the facility of the voice tweet to shout out your newest contest.
When you’ve picked the prize, right here’s methods to discuss it up on Twitter.
- Set a giveaway purpose. Are you aiming for extra followers, or are you targeted on rising your subscriber checklist?
- Flip your purpose right into a CTA. For instance, possibly customers should retweet your giveaway tweet to enter, or they get further entries in the event that they observe you on one other social media platform, too. All of it relies on your purpose.
6. Work together With Clients
Do you know that 64 percent of customers anticipate firms to work together with them on social media? Personalize the consumer expertise and reply through voice tweets.
When you make particular person customers really feel like they matter to your organization, they’re extra seemingly to decide on you over rivals.
Right here’s an instance of an interesting publish you can flip right into a voice tweet.
7. Act as Buyer Service
Coping with customer support queries? Over 70 percent of users anticipate firms to reply inside an hour. Right here’s methods to use voice tweets to assist.
- Give your customer support the non-public contact by together with somebody’s identify within the reply.
- When you’re solely on-line throughout sure hours, pin a voice tweet to the highest of your profile with a rundown of how shortly you possibly can reply to messages and the place else clients can flip to within the meantime.
8. Make clear Firm Insurance policies
Though you might have 140 seconds to play with, voice tweets ought to be brief, sharp, and memorable. In different phrases, they’re a superb software for shortly clarifying firm insurance policies.
- Reinforce key insurance policies by voice tweets e.g., delivery insurance policies, customer support hours.
- Embrace hyperlinks to extra detailed social media posts or pages in your web site.
9. Reply FAQs
If voice tweets work for firm insurance policies, they work for FAQs, too.
- Run a collection of voice tweets answering 10-15 FAQs within the one thread.
- Pin the thread to the highest of your Twitter web page so it’s straightforward for folks to search out.
Finish the dialog with one other CTA inviting folks to reply with questions you’ll reply in the identical thread.
10. Enhance Buyer Loyalty
I’ll hold this one brief and candy.
All these questions you reply? These replies you ship? They add up. In time, they construct belief in your model, and customer loyalty grows because of this.
Put merely, your voice can actually develop your online business over time.
11. Invite Buyer Suggestions
Why not invite clients to share suggestions through voice tweet? You’ll be able to retweet or quote constructive critiques and share them along with your followers.
Voice tweets “humanize” product and repair critiques to your target market, which can improve conversion charges in the long term.
Do you employ buyer suggestions to enhance your merchandise or launch new traces? Inform them! You’ll seemingly enhance engagement this manner.
12. Share Tales
There’s energy in storytelling. Right here’s why you need to use voice tweets to construct your model, improve engagement, and even develop your follower rely.
- Nice tales encourage sharing, liking, and retweeting, which boosts your followers and model publicity.
- Tales are a chance to face up for what you consider in and showcase issues to you as an organization. This will impress customers and encourage them to take a look at your web page.
13. Collaborate With Influencers
Influencers are, effectively, influential. Customers sometimes reply effectively to them. With that in thoughts, why not rent a social media influencer to “take over” your Twitter feed for the day? They may, for instance:
- Have interaction with followers
- Discuss giveaways
- Run contests
Ship them your product and ask for voice suggestions. Simply ensure you select an influencer with the identical “vibe” as your model!
14. Entertain Viewers
At the least 60 percent of social media users need entertaining content material, which is why it’s so essential to convey your tweets to life. Voice tweets can, after all, assist you to do that.
- Select a speaker with a dynamic and interesting voice.
- Deal with brief, shocking anecdotes. Bear in mind, there’s no want to make use of the 140-second restrict for every voice tweet.
Pop-Tarts hits the best observe right here. May this publish work equally effectively as a voice tweet? I feel so.
15. Humanize Your Model
What’s the No. 1 approach to construct a rapport along with your followers? Humanize your model. Use your voice to point out customers the true folks behind your organization.
- Voice tweets add one other dimension to your model’s id.
- Speaking lets you showcase your ardour, experience, and creativity on-line.
- When you reply questions or work together through voice tweet, you immediately make your followers really feel valued.
Voice tweets assist customers really feel like they’re partaking with greater than only a machine. This private contact may very well be why folks select your model over one other comparable firm.
It’s completely nonetheless value utilizing Twitter for digital advertising, and voice tweets make it a complete lot simpler to outline your model and find your audience.
Earlier than you begin tweeting, select a robust, distinctive profile image and resolve your model voice. When you’ve obtained this half down, use voice tweets to encourage engagement and humanize your online business throughout social media.
Need assistance optimizing your social media platforms? Take a look at my consulting services to see how I might help.
Have you ever used voice tweets but? How are customers partaking with them?